RULES AND REGULATIONS
To provide maximum safety, pleasure, and comfort to members and to insure clean operation of the pool and adjoining facilities, the MPRA Board of Directors has adopted the following rules and regulations.
HEALTH & SAFETY
1. Children who are not toilet trained are not permitted in the main pool at any time. No children in diapers or swim diapers are permitted in the main pool.
2. Soap showers before entering the pool are mandatory. Swimmers should rinse off any sand, grass, or dirt before reentering the pool.
3. No one will be admitted to the pool who has any sign of infectious disease, sore or inflamed eyes, excessive sunburn, or other evidence of health risk.
4. No food, drink, chewing gum, candy or ice cream shall be permitted or consumed on the pool deck, only in the designated areas.
5. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
6. Running, pushing, wrestling, or other disorderly and/or dangerous activities are not permitted.
7. Beach balls, toys, inflatable mats, etc. are not permitted in the main pool, except during special events. Swim fins, plastic face masks and swimming aids may be used at the discretion of the staff.
8. Smaller balls, preferably soft, may be used for play at the discretion of the staff.
9. Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
10. All injuries should be reported immediately to the Pool Manager or staff.
11. Only authorized personnel are permitted in the office or on the lifeguard stands.
12. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the pool area.
13. No dogs or other pets are allowed on the pool deck or pool area at any time.
BABY & TRANSITION POOL
1. Parents are responsible for and must supervise their children in the baby and transition pools at all times.
2. Non-Swimmers age 5 and under may use the baby and transition pool, accompanied by an adult. Exceptions for non-swimmers older than 5 may be made at the discretion of the pool manager only. If you have a non-swimmer who is older than 5, please see the Pool Manager.
3. Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight-fitting rubber pants over diapers or swim diapers in the baby and transition pool.
4. Strollers and carriages are permitted only within the fenced baby and transition pool area.
5. Only safe plastic toys are permitted in the baby and transition pools.
6. Gates to the baby and transition pool area should be kept closed.
1. Use of the diving well is restricted to those who have demonstrated adequate swimming skill to the pool staff. Children must pass a swimming test to be allowed in the area.
2. Only one person is allowed on each diving board at a time.
3. Divers must insure that the previous diver has cleared the area below the board and reached the designated ladder before commencing their dives.
4. Immediately upon surfacing, a diver must swim to the nearest ladder and leave the diving well.
5. Any games or swimming in the diving area will be at the discretion of the pool staff. Upon request, the area will be reopened for diving.
1. At least one lap lane is available at all times, including Swim Team practice times. Two lap lanes are typically available at other times. See Pool Schedule.
2. The number of lap lanes may change due to pool events or at the discretion of Manager On Duty.
3. Lap swimmers may need to share the lane when there are multiple swimmers. You should agree with existing swimmer(s) how the lane will be shared (for instance, splitting the lane or counterclockwise circling).
4. Lap swimming is for adults only except with permission of Manager On Duty.
All persons using the Pool and adjacent area do so at their own risk.
1. The Association shall not be responsible for personal property.
2. Cost of any damage to club facilities will be charged to the responsible party.
3. No one can use the pool unless it is officially open and lifeguards are on duty.
4. Parties and events must be pre-approved by pool management.
5. Only those in acceptable swimming attire are permitted in the main pool.
6. There will be a 15-minute adult swim every hour, during which no one under 16 is allowed in the pool.
7. The pool may be closed at any time due to equipment breakdown, weather, or operating difficulties. The Pool Manager has the authority to close the pool.
8. The pool will be cleared of all people in the event of emergency. The signal for this will be 3 blasts of the guard’s whistle.
9. Two lap lanes are normally provided for lap swimmers. Use of these lanes shall be in a circular motion. Swim down one lane and return in the other lane. In the event of specific crowding conditions in the main pool, the Pool Manager is authorized to reduce lap swimming to one lane.
10. The Pool Manager has final authority to enforce all rules relating to health and safety. Failure to comply with those rules will be considered sufficient cause for action by Pool Management, which may include the barring of violators from the use of the pool and adjoining facilities.
1. Everyone who enters the pool must check-in at the Front Desk. Members are responsible for paying the appropriate guest fees.
2. Children 8 and older are allowed to come to the pool unescorted by an adult upon passing a swimming test given by a member of the pool staff.
3. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult for admission to the pool area. The adult must remain during the entire time they are in the pool area. An adult is defined as a person at least 16 years old.
MISBEHAVIOR OF CHILDREN
1. Children over 8 who repeatedly misbehave will be given three warnings. The first and second will be requests to stop the offending behavior. The third warning means that the child’s parent or other responsible adult will be called to take the child home.
2. If a child is sent home, a parent or other responsible adult must accompany the child to the pool on the next visit.
1. Only members may purchase Daily Guest Passes. Purchases may be made by credit card before arriving at the pool. Guest Passes purchased at the pool will be charged “on account” as the staff at the gatehouse cannot accept cash, check, or credit card purchases. Daily Guest Passes $5 per person per day, are non-transferable, and are forfeited when a pool account is closed.
2. All guests must be accompanied by and remain with a member once checked in to enter the pool for the day.
3. Guest fees must be paid for non-swimming guests except by non-members who accompany a child during swim team practice. Exceptions may be granted by the Pool Manager on duty.
4. First-time guests are required to read the Pool Rules when they come to the pool. Members are expected to inform guests of the pool rules and regulations and to be responsible for their compliance.
5. Under a reciprocity agreement, members of Bannockburn Pool may swim at Merrimack and vice versa without payment of guest fees (weekends, holidays, and early bird swim excepted). A member of Merrimack must accompany any Bannockburn guest at all times and check them in at the Front Desk. The reciprocity agreement is in effect during the weeks that both pools’ operating seasons overlap.