MANIACS DIVE TEAM
Visit our Team Unify website for registration information.
Merrimack Park has a long and successful history of diving. The team has been turning out strong divers for decades, several of whom have also helped coach the team. In the 2005 renovation of the pool, we were careful to install a U.S. Diving certified dive well adjoining the main pool and two, high-quality competition springboards. We are in a competitive league and division, competing again in 2017 in Division I.
Dive meets are held on Sunday afternoons at Merrimack and other area pools, and practices are held every afternoon, with lots of individual attention and camaraderie. The Dive Team is part of the Montgomery County Diving League. Its mission is to promote the safety, fun, and learning of the sport of Springboard Diving through instructional practice and age-level competition.
ALL KIDS ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE MANIACS!
Merrimack Park offers a competitive summer dive program to all pool members between the ages of 5 and 18, regardless of prior experience. For the majority of our team, Merrimack has served as their first introduction to diving. Whether your child is a beginner or a seasoned diver, we invite them to join us for a fun and challenging summer experience.
Practices & Meets
The 2017 dive season runs from Tuesday, May 30 through Friday, July 21.
- Practices held Monday–Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm.
- Younger and less experienced divers are encouraged to attend the 4:30pm-5:30pm session.
- Older divers attend the 5:30pm-6:30pm practice.
Dual dive meets are held on Sunday evenings at 4:00pm (unless otherwise noted) and the dive well closes at 3:00pm. Mark your calendars now! This year we are in Division I and our 2017 schedule is below:
- June 18 – Merrimack Park at Old Georgetown Club
- June 25 – Tanterra at Merrimack Park
- July 2 – Merrimack Park at Rock Creek
- July 9 – Glenwood at Merrimack Park
- July 16 – Regency Estates at Merrimack Park
Divisional and All-Star Meets
- Divisionals – Sunday, July 23, 8:00am – Location to be determined
- MCDL All-Stars 12 & Under – Wednesday, July 26, 3:00pm – Location to be determined
- MCDL All-Stars 13-18 – Thursday, July 27, 3:00pm – Location to be determined
DIVE JUDGES NEEDED!
The dives at all meets are judged by 5 parents – 2 from the home team and 3 from the away team. The league provides a clinic in the basics of judging to standardize judging at the meets and there is NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. This training makes you eligible to judge for 3 years and is held on the four dates below. Please consider becoming eligible to judge!
MCDL Judges and Referees 2017 Officials Clinics
- June 11, 10:00am – Manor Woods
- June 15, 6:30pm – Mohican
- June 20, 6:30pm – Glenwood
- June 21, 6:30pm – Old Farm